Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. As most of you know we lost our baby yesterday at 11 weeks 3 days. Clearly this has been very hard to except.
The doctors we encountered yesterday had a few bits of expertise to offer that make things a little better. When the er doctor broke the news to us he said that sometimes something is wrong with the cromosomes and this is nature's way of saying that something was wrong and it is better it happen now then when we have a full grown baby that would not survive birth.
Our ob gyn, who I believe is a God send, told us that 20% of all known pregnancies end this way and he said if you think about it there is a sperm and an egg that come together and form a new human being and the whole process is so complicated it is a miracle that it works 80% of the time. He also said that this happening does not necessarily mean we will have any trouble trying again and we should be just like anyone else starting with a clean slate.
All that being said, the thing that has lifted my spirits the most is is realizing how many people care about my husband and I enoughto keep us in their thoughts and prayers. Yesterday morning was very difficult, but after I got home from the hospital I was mostly fine. I think it was a combination of the drugs (as long as I'm being honest) and all of the people keeping positive thoughts for us. I cannot tell you enough how much that means to us and how good it feels to know we have such wonderful friends and family.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Thank You All
Posted by Virginia at 1:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Thinking of you girl! Hugs and prayers.
I never know what to say . . . But just know that we love you and are thinking of you both.
We will also keep you both in our prayers. I am sorry for you loss.
A Cousin in Kansas
Luv ya V!
OMG, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
We, too just found out that our loss was likely due to a chromosomal abnormality as well. Please feel free to email me if you want to chat or need anything. charchar30 at gmail dot com
Thinking of you. Prayer for you and Travis. I am so sorry!
I just heard about yours and Travis' loss and I am so very sorry. All I can say is that sometimes God does things that we don't always understnad but He knows best. Our prayers are with you and Travis.
Post a Comment