Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Procrastination

I'm a pro at it!



I don't really have anything interesting to say, but I am in the mood to write and I have a lot to do at work that I am working very successfully to put off. So here are a few things going on in my life right now



-we've been trying to get pregnant for 8 months now with no luck. it is going to sound stupid, but I really had no idea we would have a problem. in fact, i'm pretty sure i was told in the hospital we wouldn't have a problem. i started tracking my temperature so I could better figure out when we were supposed to be trying, and by that I mean having sex in case you aren't up to date with the baby making lingo, and all I have figured out is that I am all messed up. my cycle used to be 28 days to the t. I started on the 3rd Thursday like clockwork. now, not only is my cycle not 28 days, but it isn't anything. every month it is a little longer. since i have been tracking it has been 33, then 35, and this last month 45 days. looking back, i realize that the reason i thought i was pregnant every month that we have been trying (sex) is because each month i was late. that is a lot of wasted pregnancy tests right there. i need to buy some stock in ept.



-along with this same subject i am struggling a little bit to know what i am supposed to do. i don't think i want to go on any sort of hormone to regulate my body, but if i don't it might be impossible to get things back on track. i have always felt very strongly that i was suppose to adopt, but i always thought it would be after we have kids and most likely after our children our grown. now i keep looking into what we would need to do, and it seems like even if we wanted to adopt it would be impossible. it takes so much time and money. we have all the time in the world, but we are about to spend all of our savings on a house. it is going to take forever to build that up again to the point where we can afford to bring a child in our home.



-along that point, why is it so expensive to adopt? i read an article that it takes anywhere from 10-30 thousand dollars to adopt a child. aren't there tons of children who are dying to be in a forever home? according to my economics degree, that means they should be giving them away, but I guess that is not the way it works.



-speaking of the house, we close in a week! we are moving in 8 days. i can hardly believe it. the schedule we have to work with is so tight. we close on a tuesday, are having the house painted on a wednesday, moving on a thursday, have my grandma's 80th birthday on saturday (all day), and have to be out of the apartment on sunday. be prepared to not hear from me at all. if you do, expect a little crazy.



-back to the baby making, why do they make you wait for a year of trying (remember, that is having sex) to see a doctor about problems you are having. don't they know that is 12 months of waiting and wondering.



-related to nothing else here, travis and i have been wanting for a long to time make some couple friends. we have tons of friends individually, and we love hanging out with them, but we don't really have many friends who are in our same position as DINKS. not any that live close any way. well finally, i think they are coming out of the woodwork, that phrase is really gross by the way. i have i hopes for our new sets of friends and they better end up being cool or else i am going to be forced to tp their house.



-speaking of friends and tping houses, we went by to see our house two weekends ago and we saw some people our age-ish moving in down the street!! i have always hoped that we could live on a street that has cool people living on it so we would have someone to sit outside and talk to while we drink margaritas and gossip about the neighbors. these people also better be cool or they are going to experience the wrath. you know what i am talking about (not sex)



there are my random thoughts for the day. maybe i will have more tomorrow, you probably hope not

oh my gee, i just typed up this whole post and then it disappeared. PTL for auto save or else i might have had to tp the computer.

1 comments:

Cheree said...

You are cracking me up with all of the tp going on. And I’m glad you clarified your “DINK” when saying you had no couple friends. I was about to get upset!
Hang in there!!! I know that’s easy for someone who already has a rugrat to say – but really – hang in there for just a bit longer. And think about reaching out to Stephanie. She’s been there and I’m sure she’d be open to listening if you wanted to talk (me too btw!) I’ll email you her email address (it’s her work one – she uses it for personal stuff too).