Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Another Post About Pregnancy: The Good Stuff So Far

So I realized my last post was a little woe is me. I guess I was in need of a good place to vent. So maybe I can turn that around a little bit by posting about some of the good stuff that has happened so far.

1) Telling people. It was so exciting for me to tell people that we were pregnant. It seemed like it was a long time coming. Most people I told were excited for us, but seemed to reserved, as I am sure they were worried about getting our hopes up. I did, however, get a couple of good responses.

The best reactions I got were from my Aunt, Uncle and Cousin in Florida. We were at a family Christmas party and I had just told everyone my news. Towards the end of the party, we decided to skype with our FL family members, to let them be a part of the party. After a slight delay from the internet connection all three of them threw their arms into the air and gave the biggest "YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHH" that I got. It was so sweet.

The other good one was my sister in law in Boston. I was able to keep it secret from them and tell them in person because I had a trip planned to visit them. I arrived on New Years Eve, just after midnight, so she might, just might have had a little champagne by that point. She came to the door when I arrived and offered me a glass. I told her I couldn't. She insisted. I gave her a sly smile and told her, "No, I really can't" After considering this for a second, she also threw both hands in the air then immediately hugged me so hard I thought she was going to try and lift me off the ground, which would be no easy task mind you. She immediately walked me around to all of the friends they had at her party and introduced me then told them my news. She was so excited that she told a whole room full of strangers to me. It was really cute and so flattering.

2) Putting on my first pair of maternity pants. This was something I did not get to experience the first time. I had a good friend give me a whole box full of maternity clothes and a couple of other large baby items before I found out I was pregnant. I put them in our extra room, closed the door, and hoped that this would never become a point of sadness. Well, it never had to. I started wearing the maternity shirts way before I needed to, just because they were long and comfy and new. The pants she gave me weren't going to fit so I bought some last weekend. I still don't need them, all of my other pants fit, I could just tell it was about to be time and I'd wanted to have at least one pair on hand so I didn't get caught without any pants that fit.

After I put them on it was the biggest relief. Even though my other pants still fit, they press against my abdomen and this is uncomfortable. I also came to realize that they push right where the nausea is, and that is not good. Now I wonder why it took me so long to convert. I still wear my old pants, but I am so looking forward to when this isn't an option any more.

3) Finding out, and telling people the sex of our baby. Almost as good as telling people we are pregnant. I have thought our baby was a girl from the time I found out I was pregnant. Most of the time, instead of calling the baby an it I would call her a she. I knew this was going to make for a messed up baby if it was a boy, but that is how convinced I was it was going to be a girl. I would even go so far as telling people, "When I find out this baby is a girl, I am going buy...(insert adorable girly item here."

I think another cool thing about finding out the sex of the baby, is just knowing that I am at this point. I seriously did not think I would make it this far. It is so hard for me to fathom that yes, I am pregnant. I am in fact so truly pregnant that we actually know the sex and any minute now I will be able to feel her inside of me. I am really looking forward to what lies ahead for me and misstc :)

1 comments:

The Gleasons said...

All these things are truely wonderful. I especially like the part about maternity pants. I always joke ,that I want to pull mine out around the holidays. Matt and I are so happy for you and can't wait to get our baby girls together in the next year.