I haven't had a chance to write a bit about what is going on in my life in the last 10 months. For months 1-4 I was adjusting to life with a new baby. Months 4-7 I was spending the entirety of my day trying to get her to go to sleep, stay asleep and go back to sleep. Then when she finally started sleeping the computer died and blogging from my phone is not awesome so that was out of the question.
If I were to describe the last 10 months I would say they were an adjustment. Maybe that is understatement of the year though.
When we were trying to get Lillian to sleep I was spending four hours a day in her room working on getting her to nap better. It took about 20-40 minutes of rocking to get her to sleep. She would nap in her crib for about 20 minutes, and then I would hold her for the rest of her nap which could be up to an hour. I was so angry and depressed all of the time. I spent those hours trying to figure out how I could take myself out of the situation almost daily. I finally tried to refocus that time and pray for patience, and that worked, but then nighttime would come around and we would do the same routine every 1-2 hours.
Now that she only wakes up twice a night, goes straight back to sleep, and naps twice a day, I feel like I have come out of a fog. I feel like a new person. Best of all, I actually like my precious daughter.
I know it seems weird to talk this much about sleep, but it really was my life for so long. We gave up so much in a effort to keep her patterns straight, but it out efforts were futile.
Anyway, I hope to blog about all of the different fun things that we are doing on a daily basis. Lills is constantly amazing me with the new things she learns and discovers.
Thursday, July 7, 2011
So, Yeah About the Blog
Posted by Virginia at 8:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment