Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend

I have come to realize there is no point in saying, "we don't have plans this weekend" or "these are our plans for the weekend" because it almost never turns out that way.

Here was our original write up for the weekend
*friday: clean and do laundry

*saturday: in laws come to town, eat at hip dallas restaurnt (The Porch) then ride the Dart rail to the Balloon Festival.

*sunday: church, church school, relax, relax, relax

Here is how our weekend went:
*friday: waited for the dryer to be repaired then went to dinner with high school friend, her husband, and their adorable 15 month old daughter. called up the 'rents and they were at my high school's football game, decided to meet up with them. loved watching the marching band!
found out the girl I babysat is now a senior in high school. sadness.

*saturday: picked up mr.tc from getting his car repaired, went to grapevine mills, did some shopping, drove to mr.tc's home town. Ate at same place we usually eat, went to the mall, went to the tractor supply store.
Found out that ils have figured out which john deere tractor they are buying for our not yet concieved child.

*sunday: church school, nap, house hunting with hs friend. they were nice enough to show us the neighborhoods around their casa and even put up with us as we toured all of the houses we were able to go in to. returned home for laundry and cleaning. decided at 8:30 pm I wanted to bake some cookies. After starting I realized the cookies had to chill for 2 hours. We baked two cookies (one for me, one for the mr), rolled the rest into balls, put them in the fridge and went to bed.

Now it was an awesome weekend, but you can see how fun things just pop up and plans get changed last minute in our household. It is monday, so far we have no plans for the upcoming weekend but who knows what is in store? I'm hoping a trip to the lake house will pop up.

That is all for now. Now get off my back for not posting enough.

ps. my ils did give me an herb garden for my b-day, pics to come. I can't wait to use the lemon basil in something, it smells interesting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your weekends sound like ours! It never goes as planned... I kind of like those the best. :)

Cheree said...

We enjoyed hanging out with you guys last weekend (and must do it more often)! :-)