Tuesday, March 3, 2009

i would drive 100 miles...

and I would drive 100 more...

i've been meaning to post this since friday but I never got around to it. you would think i would be over it by now, but guess what, I'm not.

on friday i got off work at noon (woo hoo!). i had lunch with my man, then the plan for the rest of the afternoon was to drive my grandma around town so she could see the new baby in the family. during our trip I got a phone call from my work saying i needed to come in. here is what that phone call did to my car:

addison to dallas for lunch with tc (10.5 miles)
dallas to cedar hill to pick up mamaw (23.3 miles)
cedar hill to 75 and mockingbird (what is that part of town called, north dallas?) to see the baby (20.2 miles)
75 and mockingbird to cedar hill to return mamaw (by now it is 3:30 on friday so rush hour traffic has begun) (20.2 miles)
cedar hill to addison to return to work (this trip alone took me more than an hour) (27.1 miles)
addison to irving to finally get home (11.8 miles)

for a grand total of 113.1 miles in one afternoon.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! is pretty much how I would sum up my afternoon. i could never be a travelling salesman.


and could I relax when I got home? nope. i was making dinner for my family the next day and had to get some of the prep work done. unfortunately all the work was for not because the main course was shrimp bisque and somehow the shrimp went bad in the soup and we had to through every last bit of it away. sigh.

on a much more positive note, the cake was a huge hit which was awesome because it was VERY time consuming to make. if we had to through it away too someone would have had to lock me away, i'm quite sure of it.

1 comments:

aria said...

oh no! the soup was bad? what a bummer! (and the driving part stinks too, but I already knew about your dallas day trip.) boo!